These Peanut Noodles are completely slurpalicious, addictive, and naturally vegan and gluten free! Slathered in an easy peanut sauce, these saucy noodles make for a delicious meal prep option or quick Thai-inspired dinner.
These Slurpalicious Vegan Peanut Noodles are so good that you’ll be licking the bowl by time you’re done. I’m not even kidding! The perfectly balanced sweet and spicy vegan peanut sauce and noodle combo is a total flavor bomb that you’re sure to love.
I make these peanut noodles all the time when company comes over, for vegan meal prep, and for quick weeknight dinners at home. Leave the noodles and peanut sauce as-is for a simple comfort food or dress them up stir fry style by adding in marinated tofu and crisp vegetables. Don’t forget the toppings!
One try and this peanut noodles recipe will become a new go-to meal for you and your family. It’s:
- A quick 15 minute dish
- Easy to prep ahead of time
- Flexible and versatile
- Completely addicting!
- Noodles - You can use any long noodle you love here. I used spaghettini, but spaghetti or vermicelli noodles will also work. For gluten free peanut noodles, use rice noodles or soba noodles.
- Vegan peanut sauce - This quick and easy peanut sauce is naturally gluten free and made with a handful of pantry staple ingredients and aromatics. Feel free to double up on the sauce and enjoy the extras with fresh summer rolls, on a Thai noodle salad, or drizzled over buddha bowls.
- Green onions - For garnish. There’s plenty more where this came from - keep scrolling for more topping ideas!
Pro tip: Want to give your peanut noodles some bulk? Toss them with freshly cut or sauteed vegetables, like bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, edamame, or cucumber.
How to make peanut noodles
You won’t believe how easy these vegan peanut noodles really are. The recipe is ready in 15 minutes from start to finish, or you can cut that time down by prepping the peanut sauce ahead of time! Here’s how it’s done:
- Cook the noodles: Cook the pasta noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside. Feel free to toss the cooked noodles in sesame oil for more flavor.
- Make the peanut sauce: Whisk all of the peanut sauce ingredients together in a pot. Warm over medium low heat.
- Combine and serve: Toss the noodles in with the warm peanut sauce. Garnish with green onions and add the toppings of your choice, then serve and enjoy! For full ingredients and instructions see printable recipe card below.
Peanut noodle toppings
There are several creative ways to make your peanut noodle recipe stand out but one of my favorite ways is to load on all kinds of toppings. These are my toppings of choice:
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced red cabbage
- Grated carrots
- Chopped cilantro
- Vegan chicken
- Soy curls
- Chili flakes
- Roasted and chopped peanuts
- Diced green onions
- Crispy tofu
- Lime wedges
One of my favorite ways to dig into a big bowl of peanut noodles is on the couch with my husband and our favorite show! If you want to go all out, add bulk to the meal by tossing in fresh vegetables, serve the noodles with spring rolls on the side, or use the noodles as a base for vegan peanut butter stir fry with tofu and vegetables.
You don’t have to do this but I recommend keeping the noodles and peanut sauce in separate containers. This way, the dish doesn’t dry out and can remain as saucy and delicious as the freshly made batch.
Storing leftovers: Keep the peanut noodles in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
To store peanut sauce: The peanut sauce will stay fresh in an airtight jar or container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
More vegan Asian noodle recipes
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print