Creamy Vegan Lemon Asparagus pasta! A quick and easy 30 minute meal perfect for spring. With a crave worthy alfredo style lemon sauce and hints of garlic. So GOOD! Sub any noodles, spaghetti, fettuccine etc,..
Wait till you taste this vegan pasta! This recipe is made with sauted asparagus, garlic, linguini and tossed in a delicious creamy lemon sauce made dairy free using cashew cream and vegan butter! Oh it is so tasty, simple too which I always love! Not to rich or thick.
Wonderful family main dish recipe to enjoy any night of the week! Spring and early Summer! Yes the kids will think it’s fabulous too!
I love creamy pasta recipes and this one won’t disappoint, it’s fussy free and so tasty. Know one would ever guess this asparagus lemon pasta dish is vegan and healthier!! Not kidding! So let’s make it shall we😊 Fyi -I did test this recipe as a one pot meal but much preferred it with the noodles cooked separately.
Ingredients / substitutions:
- Fresh asparagus and garlic: mmm!!
- Lemon sauce: lemon juice and zest for that zingy tang. spices, nutritional yeast, vegetarian 'chicken' bouillon, flour, capers, vegan butter, so delicious!
- Pasta: I used linguini or shells but any variety will do like, spaghetti, fettuccini even smaller noodles like rotini , penne, etc.. or gluten free if needed.
- Cashew cream: makes it ultra creamy without using heavy cream made from water, cashews and vinegar. Have not made a nut free version.
How to make vegan lemon asparagus pasta:
- Cook pasta according to instructions, drain add back to pot with drizzle of oil
- In a smaller pot sauté vegan butter, asparagus and garlic, set aside
- In the same pot make the lemon sauce, whisk cashew cream and rest of ingredients together over medium heat until thickened, stir in lemon juice, zest and capers.
- Toss sauce with pasta. Top with asparagus. Enjoy! For full detailed instructions and ingredients see recipe card below
Line up the asparagus on cutting board having spears all facing in same direction. Trim off the woody ends where the colour turns from white to green. Usually an inch or so. You can also snap off asparagus ends instead of slicing them
- Don't overcook pasta and rinse but don't drain it. Toss with little olive oil to prevent sticking
- If planning on having left overs I recommend storing sauce, noodles and asparagus separately for best results or if combined heat up with a splash of veggie stock so the pasta isn't dry
- for lemon sauce make sure to start with cold water to dissolve flour before heating to avoid lumps. We're not making dumplings haha!
- to make this recipe gluten free use gluten free pasta of choice and gluten free flour
This pasta dish is:
- savoury and tangy
- super simple
- awesome weeknight meal
- kid approved
- down right delectable!
More creamy pasta recipes:
- Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta - instant pot or one pot
- Instant Pot Vegan Mac And Cheese
- Best Vegan Baked Ziti Ever! - easy to make
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Pasta
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Vegan Lasagna
- Jalapeño Cheddar Vegan Mac and Cheese
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print