This triple-decker Vegan Cranberry and Turkey Club Sandwich is loaded with holiday leftovers like vegan turkey slices, cranberry sauce, tofu bacon, and more! It’s the best vegan sandwich ever.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are over… Now, what are you supposed to do with all of those leftovers?
Transform your leftover vegan Thanksgiving turkey into a delicious Vegan Cranberry and Turkey Club Sandwich! Layered with the best vegan turkey slices, cranberry sauce, vegan tofu bacon, lettuce, and tomato, every bite is so succulent and savory. Pair your vegan turkey sandwich with chips or fries and dig in!
Just like a vegan club sandwich, this version still features plant based poultry, bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Thanks to the holiday leftovers, this turkey club is extra special! You can’t beat the fresh tartness from the cranberries and herbaceous flair from the seitan turkey.
What is a club sandwich?
A classic club sandwich is made with poultry slices, bacon or ham, lettuce, mayonnaise, and tomato. You’ll usually see it cut into triangles and held together with toothpicks, and served with potato chips or fries on the side.
Vegan turkey sandwich ingredients
- Vegan turkey - Use up your leftover vegan Thanksgiving turkey or swap it for any store-bought vegan deli meat you love.
- Tofu bacon - It’s so easy to make at home!
- Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce preferably or you can use romaine or spinach.
- Tomatoes - This classic club sandwich ingredient balances so nicely with the cranberry sauce and tofu bacon.
- Mayonnaise - Because it isn’t a club sandwich without the mayo!
- Cranberry sauce - Spread your leftover holiday cranberry sauce on the bread for a burst of tartness and holiday flair.
- Vegan cream cheese - This sweet and creamy spread adds a delightful tang to each bite.
- Bread - Regular sandwich bread will do.
How to make vegan cranberry and turkey club sandwiches
One bite and you’ll realize that this is the best vegan sandwich ever. So savory and a little tangy and sweet, each layer of this vegan turkey club explodes with flavor. Plus, it’s ready after a few simple steps:
- Add your spreads: Spread the vegan butter onto all 3 slices of bread. Spread the mayonnaise on the bottom slice, cream cheese on the middle slice, and cranberry sauce on the top slice.
- Bottom slice: Place the shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon on the bottom slice of bread.
- Middle slice: Place the turkey slices on the cream cheese-topped bread slice. Add more lettuce.
- Finish the sandwich: Add the top slice on top of the sandwich and cut it in half. Serve with potato chips and enjoy! For full ingredients and instructions see printable recipe card below
Make it a grilled sandwich or panini
For pan fried, grilled, or panini-style club sandwiches, omit the lettuce and spread butter on the outside of the sandwich before grilling. Grill until the bread is golden brown and toasted, then dig in!
Tips for success
- This is the best recipe to make when you need to use up Thanksgiving, Christmas, or other holiday leftovers!
- Not a fan of vegan turkey or tofu bacon? Replace either with vegan chicken, ham, pepperoni, corned beef, or steak.
- Add more or make any substitutions you’d like! You can use vegan cheese slices instead of cream cheese, add a little more cranberry sauce on the top piece of bread, or add red onion and avocado to the sandwich. Feel free to get creative!
- Serve your sandwich with vegan gravy for dipping and potato chips on the side.
More loaded vegan sandwiches to try
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print