Juicy meaty won’t fall apart meatloaf made with impossible burger that no one will believe is vegan!! THE BEST VEGAN MEATLOAF you’ll ever make!! 10 minutes prep time then baked to perfection! This delicious, easy recipe will blow your mind! You’ll fool the heartiest of meat eaters with this one!! Nut free, easily gluten free.
Ok everyone I have a doozy of a vegan meatloaf recipe for you!…
And there are no lentils, mushrooms, or chickpeas needed!
This is seriously the best and easiest meatloaf I have ever tasted vegan or not!! And it’s made with Impossible Burger! It really does taste like real classic hamburger meatloaf but it’s made with plants! Comfort food at it's finest! Says me!!
We just got impossible burger in at our local Safeway in Canada and I bought 10 packs because I was afraid they would run out- haha! Yes I am obsessed with this product!
I mean who knew vegan meat could taste so real!! I cannot wait to make more impossible burger recipes- vegan meatballs, tacos, meat sauce and so much more!
So if you miss your Mom's meatloaf and want to make an amazing vegan meal that will please and impress everyone, this meatloaf is your recipe! Meat eaters won’t have a clue that it’s vegan- Not kidding! And it makes a wonderful holiday main course for Thanksgiving, Christmas (October, November- December), Easter too in April!😊
Ingredients & substitutions for vegan meatloaf:
- Impossible Burger: this is the vegan ‘ground beef’. You can also use beyond meat, it was delicious too.
- Panko breadcrumbs and plant milk: mixed together this is the traditional way to add moisture to meatloaf. Sometimes onions are added but I felt they were not needed. Can substitute veggie stock or water for plant milk.
- Tomato paste: adds great flavour but you could easily swap it for ketchup or bbq sauce
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce: adds amazing flavour and is traditional in most meatloafs just make sure it’s vegan before purchasing. Here is a link to two of my favourite brands HERE & HERE. Could sub Braggs, Tamari or soya sauce regular or lite. I like recipe best as written tough!
- Fresh garlic: a little goes a long way in this recipe but is so good!
- Herbs and spices: fresh parsley, garlic, thyme, granulated onion and salt and pepper
- Glaze: ketchup, brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Can sub half bbq sauce in place of ketchup for bbq meatloaf. Or leave off and serve meatloaf with gravy or mushroom gravy!
- For gluten free: use gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
How to make the best vegan meatloaf:
For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
- Preheat oven to 400° Line a 9x13 casserole dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs and vegan plant milk. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rest of ingredients, Now add in the breadcrumb/milk mixture. Mix everything together well.
- Add the meatloaf mix on top of the parchment paper and form into a rectangular loaf shape. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- While loaf is baking mix the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar together in a bowl. This is the glaze.
- Remove loaf from oven. Spoon glaze evenly over the top and sides of loaf. Return to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Place on cutting board Slice and enjoy! Perfect for thanksgiving or Christmas!
What to serve with vegan meatloaf:
- green Peas!!👍
- Simple green salad
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes (Instant Pot)
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- The Best Vegan Stuffing Ever! (Easy Recipe) Best Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Garlic and Balsamic Roasted Mushrooms
- Best Vegan Mac and Cheese (Easy 20 Minute Recipe)
- Easy Vegan Mushroom Gravy! (GF & Oil Free Option)
- Easy Vegan Gravy – Seriously Good!
- Vegan Caesar Salad (Best Caesar Dressing
- Vegan Potato Salad
This meatloaf is:
- the best!
- juicy, meaty and amazing!
- so EASY!!
- sweet & savoury
- best comfort food
- lovely holiday main course
- perfect meal for any night of the week
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more meaty vegan main dish recipes? Check these out:
- Best Vegan Steak Recipe (Seitan)
- Crazy Good Vegan Shepherd’s Pie Recipe! (AKA Cottage Pie)
- Vegan Turkey Recipe (Seitan)
- Vegetarian Salsbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (Meatball version)