Drizzle this 5 Minute Savory Tahini Dressing over your salads, grain bowls, vegetables, and Buddha bowls for layers of flavor! Made with minimal oil and a handful of savory ingredients, this dressing is a step above any other tahini dressing you’ve tried.
This 5 Minute Savory Tahini Dressing is so much more flavorful, umami-tasting, and layered compared to your everyday lemon tahini dressing. The perfect partner to all kinds of salads, buddha bowls, and grain bowls, you’re definitely going to want to keep a batch in your fridge at all times!
What makes this tahini dressing different? Well, you won’t find fresh lemon juice or much oil in the recipe! Instead, this salad dressing is much more savory with hints of maple and tangy vinegar.
There’s truly so much to love about this vegan salad dressing. It’s:
- Naturally gluten free, nut free, and refined sugar free
- Made with just 3 tablespoons of oil
- Easy to put together in 5 minutes
- Much tastier than your average lemon tahini dressing
What are you waiting for? Your salad deserves the abundance of savory flavors this easy tahini dressing has to offer. Get to blending!
What is tahini dressing made of?
- Tahini - This seed spread is made from toasted sesame seeds and has the same smooth texture as nut butter. Tahini has a savory, earthy, and nutty flavor while remaining nut free!
- Tamari - Or soy sauce if you don’t need it to be gluten free. This gives the tahini dressing its signature umami flavor and some saltiness (without actually needing salt).
- Oil - You’ll need both sesame oil and any neutral oil, like olive oil. All you need is a few tablespoons, keeping the dressing nice and light.
- Vinegar - This dressing is made with both apple cider vinegar and balsamic vinegar to add plenty of tang and vibrancy.
- Maple syrup - For a touch of sweetness. It’ll also help tone down the tahini’s natural bitter flavor, so try not to skip it!
- Garlic - All you need is 1 clove.
- Nutritional yeast - To help the tahini dressing taste savory.
How to make creamy tahini dressing
While I may call this a 5 minute dressing, it could end up taking you less time to put together. It’s that easy! Here’s how it’s done:
- Place everything in a blender: Add all of the dressing ingredients to a nutribullet or blender.
- Blend the dressing: Blend until smooth, creamy, and emulsified. This should only take 1 minute!
- Store it away or enjoy immediately: Either bottle it for later or drizzle the finished maple tahini dressing over salads, grain bowls, vegetables, and more! For full ingredients and instructions see printable recipe card below
Ways to use tahini dressing
- A sandwich spread
- In veggie wraps
- A creamy dip for tortilla chips and vegetables
- In this vegan chicken salad
- As a replacement for Caesar salad dressing
- As a savory replacement to tzatziki in a vegan gyro
- On roasted vegetables or potatoes
- Drizzled over falafel
- In a bowl with veggies, rice, and tofu
- Mixed into vegan macaroni salad
Tips for success
- No blender? No problem! Shake the dressing vigorously in a sealed mason until it’s emulsified or whisk everything together in a bowl.
- Do your best to buy high quality tahini. The better the brand, the better your dressing will taste.
- Is the dressing too thin? Thicken the texture by blending in another tablespoon or two of oil or a wee bit more tahini until it reaches your desired consistency. (It will also thicken in the fridge slightly as it cools after blending)
- Is the dressing too thick? Thin it out by stirring in a little water at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
Storing tahini dressing
Tahini dressing is a great make-ahead condiment because it stays fresh for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Just store it in an airtight container or jar with a lid and you’re good to go!
Want more vegan sauces and dressings?
- 5 Minute Vegan Ranch Dressing
- The Best Peanut Sauce
- 10 Minute Vegan Tzatziki
- Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Indian Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print